“Ezzat Studios today is pleased to announce Egyptian Senet 1.0.2 for iOS, an update to its award-winning board game, first played in ancient Egypt more than 5,000 years ago. Players compete against the game’s AI, taking turns, as each tries to move their seven pawns across and off the gameboard, successfully completing their soul’s journey through the underworld realm of Osiris. Four casting sticks serve as dice, allowing throws between one and five. Although gameplay is fairly straightforward, various rules govern movement of the pawns. As an aid to formulating a winning strategy, the game automatically flashes all the player’s pawns eligible to move, given the board position and number thrown. Senet is imbued with profound symbolism, and it is not unusual for one side to gain an overwhelming lead, only to lose in the final moments of play.
- Play against the computer to move all your pawns off the board
- Players move the brown pawns, while the game moves the blue pawns
- Game board of 30 squares in this turn-based game
- Players use casting sticks, which act like dice, determining the number of squares a pawn can move
- Senet is a challenging game that combines luck and strategy
Egyptian Senet for iOS features authentic photos of ancient Egyptian temples, plus artistically crafted graphics and animation of an ancient stone game board and pieces, set in an echoing, tomb-like chamber. Ritualistic music plus sound effects of stone pieces moving recreate the atmosphere of predynastic Egypt. The app includes complete instructions for play” – via Daily Game.
Read more here.
You can purchase the game in the Apple App Store for £0.69.